Zena, Founder of Satya Yoga is a passionate teacher who discovered yoga over 10 years ago at the Sivananda Centre in London and went on to complete her Sivananda yoga teacher training in the Bahamas in 2003. Zena spent a year teaching at the Sivananda Centre in Putney. When pregnant with her first baby, she decided to qualify with Birthlight and began teaching pre and postnatal yoga and is now on a 3 year British Wheel of Yoga Diploma course with Maarten Vermaase.
“I am absolutely fascinated by the human body/mind and the incredible power of our attitudes to not only influence but to actually create our own realities. The more I practice in the moment, the more joy and peace I feel and it seems to me that my feelings of well-being get embedded in my daily life – this is my yoga” Zena Kidd-May
Why Satya Yoga? Satya means ‘truth’ in Sanskrit. When a student qualifies to become a Sivananda yoga teacher, they are given a Sanskrit name and this was the name given to her.
- Sivananda Yoga 2003
- Birthlight Pregnancy Yoga part 1 in 2005 and part 2 in 2006
- Postnatal Yoga with Uma Dinsmore-Tully at Sitaram 2009
- British Wheel of Yoga 3 year diploma course in Hatha Yoga 2011-2014
- First Aid for Yoga certified 2012
- Teen Yoga Training with Charlotta Martinus of Teen Yoga at Yoga Campus 2014