A unique workshops to improve physical health and sports performance through breath and functional movement
Open to anyone looking to improve their health, fitness and achieve a sense of enjoyment and fluidity in movement regardless of age, fitness level, skill set or training regime. From beginner runners to ultra marathoners, those who have never exercised to fitness buffs.
Saturday 30th March 2019
The Oxygen Advantage will address dysfunction breathing patterns to improve breathing in everyday life. Start with this and improve your physical fitness and sports performance.
- The science behind breathing
- Tests to detect any breathing pattern disorders such as chronic hyperventilation
- Practical functional movement exercises to improve breathing
- Breath-hold exercises to encourage your body to tolerate build up of CO2 and thus reduce breathlessness during exercise, improve aerobic threshold and VO2 max
- Tips for better sleep and reduced stress
- The science behind meditation
Build the Foundations of Good Running uses the Chi Running technique to improve running efficiency, reduce risk of injury and bring enjoyment back to your running. Chi Running is based on age-old movement principles of Tai Chi, focusing on movement from the body’s centre of gravity.
- The importance of body awareness
- How to improve posture
- Key breathing focuses to make running and walking less effort
- How to speed up by relaxing
- The importance of rhythm
- How to use gravity and the force of the oncoming road to help rather than hinder forward momentum
- How to incorporate form focuses and visualisation into any training programme
Programme for the day:
- 09:00-09:15 Introduction, tea and raw energy balls
- 09:15 – 10.30 Yoga for Runners with Zena Kidd-May (all levels welcome, even inflexible students!)
- 10:45 – 12.45 Gray Caws
- 12:45 – 13:30 light lunch
- 13:30 – 15:00-15:30 Gray Caws
Cost: £110 (including Yoga 4 runners, lunch & 3.5hrs of Chi Running & Breathing practise)
Location: Islip, Oxfordshire (full details when space confirmed)
How to book: Email email@example.com (only 2 spaces) • Payment can be made by BACs transfer (Payment must be made to reserve your space)
Note: Let us know of any injuries i.e lower back, knees, HBP, LBP, hyper-mobility • Please bring weather appropriate clothing • Yoga suitable for all levels • Mats & blocks available
Note: You can book a private one-one session (at a concession price 1hr-£45(usually £70)) with Grey Caws after 3.30pm on either days (this will need to be pre-booked & paid for in advance). You may have a chance to book on the day if he has space.
Click on the links for information on the instructors:
- Zena Kidd-May https://www.satyayoga.co.uk/about-us/
- Gray Caws http://chirunning.uk/instructors/gray-caws/
Share our retreat with friends & family…