My yogi students will be thrilled that I have finally put this recipe on my blog, particularly Mrs H😀! Apologies it’s taken so long.
I must admit this isn’t my recipe, I came across it a year or so ago and just loved the vibrancy of the green (may favourite colour!). I sadly didn’t make a note of the creator, I send them gratitude 🙏🏻 for this truely scrumptious snack. It’s super healthy, easy to make and of course GF, DF, & sugar free. The chances are that you’ll have most of the ingredients in your pantry.
The only change I made from the original recipe was use rice syrup, which is easier to digest and not as sweet as maple syrup or honey. Feel free to use a different nut and what ever sweetener you have to hand.
I normally double the ingredents and freeze them. They take seconds to defrost so the best snack on the go!
- 120g raw cacao butter
- 5/6 tbsp rice syrup (depending on how sweet you want it)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- pinch of pink salt
- 3 cups of macadamia nuts
- 1 tsp matcha green tea powder
Topping: I’ve used fresh figs & blackberries separately and they both go very well. You don’t have to top it with anything since it’s yummy on its own. I would urge you to be creative and experiment with what you have.
- Cacao butter, syrup, vanilla and salt to a small pan on very low heat and melt slowly.
- Add macadamia nuts to a food processor (I use a Kitchen Aid) and blend until completely smooth.
- Add the matcha and mix
- Add the cacao mixture and blend
- Pour the mixture in a lined tray and spread out to your desired thickness.
- Sprinkle with your desired topping if adding!
- And freeze to set.
- Once set, break into pieces and store in the fridge for 2 weeks or the freezer.