Jo discusses the true secret to sustainable, healthy posture and gives you the tools to achieve it, effortlessly. She use a combination of techniques: stretches and exercises, relaxation techniques, and hands-on correction to achieve the perfect posture.
There is growing evidence that poor posture can lead to a lifetime of chronic pain, fatigue, and low self-esteem. This workshop will give you practical tools to guide you towards good posture, a habit that will help put you on the path to a pain-free and self-confident life.
Furthermore, as we age it is our posture that can let us down, make us appear older and invisible to others. Come and discover how to stay young, straight and flexible with our expert Jo Kuszmar.
About Jo Kuszmar
“Teaching good posture is about looking at how and where a person invests their energy, as well as reflecting on where there’s an absence of energy and then helping them correct that,” says Kuszmar, who trained as a nurse and shiatsu practitioner. She developed the deportment techniques seven years ago, when, after a divorce, and approaching the wrong side of 50, she feared she was becoming invisible.
Click on the following link for a Telegraph article about Jo’s work.
Click to listen to Jenni Murray on BBC 4’s Woman’s Hour talking to Jo about her posture clinic – Are we a nation of slouchers? What good posture can do for you.
This workshop is for people who are:
- Slouching at a desk, when sitting at the dinner table or standing
- Curious about their own posture and would like to get it assessed
- Lopsided from wearing their handbag on the same shoulder or their shoes wear out in a certain way
- Suffering from lower back pain, shoulder tension and rounded shoulders/upper back.
- Interested to understand the importance of movement/mobility and how to do it correctly
- Uncomfortable about their body and have low self esteem
These are just a few of the many reasons why this workshop is for you!
Wednesday 3rd October
9.30am – 4pm
Cost: £100 lunch, tea/coffee, healthy snacks & getting your posture assessed included
- Arrive from 9.15-9.30am
- 9.30am-12pm – Welcome, talking perfect posture, exercise, and relaxation techniques
- 12-1pm – Light lunch (vegetarian)
- 1-4pm – Talk, exercises and Q&A
- 4pm home time
Note: Please let me know of any dietary issues. Free parking.